Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack Fact Sheet | June 2007
Title: “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack”
Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios
Developer: ACES Studio
Format: DVD-ROM for the Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows Vista® operating systems
ESRB Rating: RP
Availability: Fall 2007
Overview: “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack” is the action-filled expansion pack for Microsoft Corp.’s amazingly successful and award-winning “Flight Simulator X” video game. With “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack” gamers of all ages, types and skill levels can race against friends in amazing, highly detailed locations around the world, test their skills and heroism in many new missions, fly three exciting new aircraft, and share rewards, photos and videos with friends and the broader flight community.
Features: Key features include the following:
- Multiplayer racing mode. “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack” will offer the thrilling new multiplayer racing mode that will allow gamers to compete against friends with four types of racing: aerobatic style, Reno high-speed, cross-country and sailplane. Gamers will be able to test their skills in three different levels of difficulty from simple pylon racing to racing in harsh weather conditions.
- DirectX® “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack” will continue to build on the rich visual foundation of “Flight Simulator X,” taking advantage of Windows Vista and DirectX 10 to deliver breathtaking graphics and dynamic environments for a truly immersive experience.
- New missions. “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack” will offer more than 20 new missions that will allow gamers to test their skills at tasks ranging from test piloting a fighter jet to search and rescue.
- New aircraft. “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack” will allow pilots to fly through highly detailed scenery in three new aircraft: the F/A-18A Hornet, P-51D Mustang and EH-101 helicopter.
- Connected world. “Flight Simulator X: Acceleration Expansion Pack” continues to take advantage of the online game capabilities in “Flight Simulator X,” allowing gamers to race against friends and work together to complete missions as they interact with other aviators from around the globe by chatting in real time via headset and keyboard.
- Games for Windows franchise. This expansion pack will also ship as a Games for Windows title with easier installation, reliability standards and support for key features of Windows Vista, including the Games Explorer and Parental Controls.
The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a pre-release product that may be substantially modified before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the product when first commercially released. This fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.
I'm Skeptical that you could,
Yet intrigued that you may. - Dale Gribble